Clean up, give out! On Wednesday, October 5, 2016, PERVERSE sunglasses team members carpooled to The Valley to give our sunglasses a grand send off! Where were they headed? To Goodwill®!
Since our inception, PERVERSE sunglasses has committed to contributing 1% of our net sales, our time, and our inventory to charitable causes.
Goodwill has sought to to meet the needs and transform the lives of veterans, people challenged by disadvantages, senior citizens, and people with disabilities for more than a century.Their career training programs in everything from IT to health care are funded by your donations that are resold in stores and online. And if that wasn't enough, Goodwill assists small businesses with secure shredding, custodial, and contract fulfillment services at competitive rates.
In addition to teaming with Goodwill, we joined forces with Heal the Bay to clean Santa Monica beach, partnered with Special Olympics & UNICEF global spokesperson Lucy Meyer to raise awareness and funds for kids with disabilities, and donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. And, for the entire month of October, we're running a Breast Cancer Awareness promotion: Buy Slay 02-Pink for 50% off and we'll donate to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation! (Hello -- what are you waiting for? Click here to shop!)
And we're just getting started! Follow us on Instagram to see how you can help us give back.
Doing a closet clean-out or need to ditch your old TV? Here's 5 reasons why you should donate to Goodwill:
- Over the past few years, donations to Goodwill have kept billions of pounds of clothing and household items out of landfills.
- Heard of a little thing called eWaste? Goodwill has helped keep 324 million pounds of computer electronics out of landfills.
- In 2015, Goodwill helps more than 9.8 people access support services.
- Goodwill put 312,000 people to work in 2015 alone.
- It feels good to empower others! Goodwill was ranked the #1 brand doing the most good in the world by Brand World Value Index.
You can read stats like these and a whole lot more at Goodwill’s website. And, to learn more about the PERVERSE 1:1:1 initiative, click here!
Like this? Then you'll love...
PERVERSE x Team Lucy Meyer Sunglasses support children with disabilities
Taylor Swift's Sunglasses are only $50